Global In-vehicle Infotainment market overview:
- Over the years, the global in-vehicle infotainment industry underwent significant changes, evolving from pure amusement like radio, audio and video to a versatile smart terminal that can process more complex information
- The increasing demand for systems that can promote in-car comfort, entertainment and convenience, such as on-demand music, mobile integration, live audio streaming and numerous other entertainment services, is driving growth in the in-vehicle entertainment industry. As these technologies now influence customer buying decisions, auto manufacturers are now looking to integrate such devices/systems in their vehicles across models.
- Another factor boosting growth in in-vehicle infotainment systems is the increasing demand for faster and seamless options like 5G connectivity which offers benefits such as reduced operational costs and data transfer time
- In the EU, regulations mandating the use of embedded technologies in all new car models in the member states support the growth in embedded form type. This is used to connect a vehicle to emergency services, following a collision, and provide location and impact information. Similar mandates could be announced by other countries in the coming years.
- The global automotive infotainment system market value chain is comprised of four categories of vendors i.e. touchscreen display providers, technology providers, chip/processor/storage providers and ultimately the integrators (complete system providers) who work closely with the car manufacturer to deliver the complete infotainment system to be fitted on the vehicle assembly line.
- The In-vehicle Infotainment Market is dominated by globally established players such as Robert Bosch (Germany), Alpine Electronics (Japan), Panasonic Corporation (Japan), HARMAN International (US), and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan), among others.
To know more about the report, please connect with AGR at https://www.avalonglobalresearch.com/contact-us
Global In-vehicle Infotainment Market Outlook:
- Over the coming years, the infotainment system will serve as the vehicle control center where the display panel and the instrument cluster will be combined into a single large display which will be a standard feature in future vehicles. The incorporation of augmented and virtual reality with in-vehicle infotainment systems would be the next level of driving experience and comfort.
- In India, automotive manufacturers will continue to increase focus on upgrading technology to keep up with the pace of growing competition. Increasingly, features such as connectivity, telematics and an intuitive human-machine interface are emerging as major purchasing decisions for new-car buyers in the country and globally.
- In terms of the competitive landscape, we are likely to see a change as new players from the PC and consumer electronics industries challenge traditional Tier 1 suppliers of infotainment systems. This will force OEMs to forge partnerships with technology firms and other stakeholders in the value chain to speed up new product launches.
- As of April 2020, smartphone connectivity features like Android Auto, Apple car play and Baidu car Life are offered at-least as standard or on top trim on 81% of vehicles sold globally
- Going forward, despite COVID induced slowdown, the market for in-vehicle infotainment systems will continue on its growth trajectory globally, especially in developed markets.
Market Growth Drivers and Trends:
Key factors driving the global In-vehicle Infotainment market are:
- Rise in consumer demand for high-end infotainment systems and features
- Increase in dependency on technology, safety
- Upsurge in tech-savvy population
Safety and security regulations across countries
Key factors likely to restrain or slow down growth in the global In-vehicle Infotainment market :
- Issues and concerns regarding data safety and privacy
- High cost of systems – could be a deterrent especially in emerging markets
- Increasing demand for small and economic cars as a result of COVID could slow down growth
Market Players Perspective:
- The global market for in-vehicle infotainment systems is one which is characterized by fierce competition and low concentration, comprising parts suppliers such as Bosch, Continental and Delphi and electronic vendors like Harman, Alpine and Pioneer
- The market has seen and will continue to witness an increasing number of partnerships between automotive OEMs and in-vehicle infotainment companies and other stakeholders such as technology companies. Few recent examples of collaborations include Ford-Garmin, Subaru-TomTom, Faurecia-Accenture-Affectiva, etc.
- We will also see increased M&A activity in the global landscape as companies seek to expand their geographic footprint, launch new products, etc.
Global In-vehicle Infotainment Market Research Scope:
- The base year of the study is 2019, with forecast done up to 2024. The report provides a detailed assessment of the global in-vehicle infotainment market, including insights on the market dynamics, key drivers, challenges, regulations impacting the market, technology assessment and value chain analysis.
- We have also estimated the current market size for in-vehicle infotainment systems globally and by fit type, by geography, and by vehicle type; 5-year outlook of the market, factors driving growth along with regional insights and trends
- The study also presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, considering the market shares of the leading companies. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the global in-vehicle infotainment market