Our experience in the construction and building material segments spans across real estate and support services, construction chemicals, building materials, electrical devices and interior products. We provide critical and actionable research insights to our clients to help them in developing their go-to-market strategy, competition assessment, market mapping, etc.
AGR advises construction companies and building material manufacturers on growth prospects and helps them identify new markets and product segments.
Projects across the globe
AGR has executed nearly 100 projects in the construction and building materials sector, covering 20+ sub-segments and 10+ countries across the globe.
Competition profiling for a civil construction consulting company
Mapping of the Indian construction industry and identifying specific growth opportunities
Performance analysis and identification of key success factors for a construction projects company
Mapping of the flooring and floor coverings market and identifying specific growth opportunities for a leading construction material manufacturer.
Market study on waterproofing chemicals in India.
Go-to-market study for a leading South-East Asian company in the Indian ceramic tiles market.
Market study for multiple construction materials in the GCC region.
Opportunity assessment in the construction chemicals and insulation market in India.
Investment opportunities in the cement industry in KSA.
RMC, Concrete Blocks And Aggregates
Markets for Ready-mix concrete, concrete blocks, and aggregates in GCC countries.
Partner identification for entry into new market for a Nordic paints and industrial coatings maker
- A Nordic company wanted to evaluate business expansion options in southern Africa for industrial coatings
- Identify partners in Mozambique
- Detailed scan of the market to identify types of products being sold and key competitors serving the market with their distribution network
- A combination of desk research and stakeholder interviews (a total of 50 telephonic interviews) to identify suitable partners
- Detailed profiling and prioritizing through composite scoring method
- Short list of prospects
- AGR’s recommendations helped the Nordic company identify good distributors in Mozambique and conduct due diligence for finalizing market representation contract
Research to understand customer satisfaction and consumer perception in uPVC windows category for a leading player in India
- A leading player in the premium Indian uPVC windows and doors category was keen to further strengthen its leadership position
- Windows is a low user involvement category in the decision making and branding is relatively new concept
APPROACH & METHODOLOGY
- AGR conducted extensive face to face consumer interviews with HNI respondents to understand product awareness, typical customer journey and influencing factors while finalising the windows and doors
- AGR also focused on understanding the awareness and attitude towards branded window segment, and key selling propositions
- Role of influencers like architects was also studied in detail
- Logistics management practices documented including order bidding system, freight rate flexibility, special remuneration and truck yard facilities (truck yard structure, facilities for drivers, etc.)
- Process flow and processes for Yard-in, Plant-in, Preloading, Loading, Post loading and Plant-out process was mapped for each cement plant including usage of technology, innovative processes, etc.
- Process benchmarking was done for each process for client and competition’s cement plants to understand bottlenecks and improvements
- This helped our client achieve better customer advocacy, increase in wallet share and higher market share
Competitive Intelligence for a leading cement manufacturer
- Our client wanted to enhance capabilities vis-à-vis competitors which would help them to improve logistics and gain efficiencies in delivery of bulk and retail cement
- To benchmark plant infrastructure, truck terminal facilities & process and logistics management practices by select cement manufacturers in a cluster
Approach & METHODOLOGY
- AGR conducted in-depth, open ended, face-to-face interviews at large and regional cement plants located in North India with transport operators, drivers and logistics manager (50 interviews across 6 cement plants).
- Open ended discussions with respondents was focussed to understand best practices in plant infrastructure, truck terminal facilities & process, and logistics management across cement plants
- The client is a leading supplier of seeds, fertiliser and pesticides in India. Our research and recommendations propelled the company to the leadership position.