We have covered hardware products like laptops, headsets, UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles), optic fibres, EPABX, LAN cables, mobile phones, radars, telecom chips, V-sats, etc. In the software and solutions space, through our IT market research and telecom market research services, we have researched IOT, ERP solutions, e-commerce, billing platforms, cyber security, POS, bio-informatics, CAD/CAM systems, value added mobile services, OTT and many others.
Telecom and Internet
Telecom and Internet are the lifeline for today’s businesses. Telecom is seen as the blood flow of the modern economy. There have been numerous studies to conclusively prove that IT has been a major driver of change and rapid economic growth in the last two decades.
IT and Telecom
IT and Telecom touch every aspect of our lives today since most new businesses are driven by IT be it the airline industry, the manufacturing sector, the banking systems or the online shopping portals. Thus making IT & Telecom industry analysis quite pertinent. AGR’s IT & Telecom industry analysis team works with companies across the entire IT value chain from hardware to software to solutions.
- Market Assessment
- Demand Forecasting for new Concepts
- Industry Updates
- Customer Satisfaction and Perceptions
- Lead Generation
We have the expertise to get a true assessment of the market for products and services. Our IT market research and telecom market research teams with a sound technical understanding engage with the relevant industry stakeholders to get a comprehensive view of the market which would typically cover Market Potential, Competitor Shares, Pricing, Supply Chain and Technologies in use. The rigour in our It and telecom industry research and analysis aids our clients in making informed decisions on their market entry strategy.
Demand Forecasting for new Concepts
AGR has forecasted the demand for existing as well as new products (eg: satellite telephony). We use multiple techniques to predict the future demand taking into account product awareness, substitutes available, willingness to pay, pain points of consumers etc. We have extensively worked with many quantitative models (time series, S- curves, regression, etc) as well as qualitative techniques like Expert Opinions, Surveys and the Delphi method.
Clients have been seeking AGR’s expertise to keep them abreast on the evolving markets and technologies. We also develop credible white papers and industry reports for companies and Governments with an international perspective to support them in their business and policy decisions.
Customer Satisfaction and Perceptions
AGR’s framework objectively assesses satisfaction and dissatisfaction levels of customers and distribution partners. The framework also covers competition to enable objective benchmarking across functions so that effective steps can be taken to identify irate, retain and also win back lost customers. We also use our proprietary social media tool to crawl the web and get insights at a fraction of the cost and time.
Looking for customers especially for a new product or a service is a daunting task. A sales pitch to the respondent (a potential customer or a channel member) is an integral part of our assignments. Companies thus have a clear guide on the set of customers to be targeted on a priority basis. This also saves considerable amount of time and resources for the companies while generating early results. AGR represents the company in many markets especially during the launch phase by way of educating their customers, circulating marketing material and responding to their queries.
Prepared a model for an internet based transport exchange detailing pricing, revenue model, proposition for various stake holders, processes and financials.
Mapped all IT segments in the middle-east region w.r.t size, growth, key players, marketing strategies, etc. for a PE investment.
Assessed potential for investing in the IT-training sector, the industry growth levels and performance of key players.
Conducted a pre-market feasibility on telecom billing platforms. Benchmarked client’s product with other platforms available in the market.
Carried out a vendor Due Diligence for a large TV content producing company.
Surveyed target adopters, mapped existing market and studied the likely shift from GPRS to satellite phones.
Developing a credible strategy, business model and plan for a new media content business with the level of analytical rigour and international perspective.
Studied market for high-end headsets used in the call-center industry. Conducted interviews with key call centers to understand usage, quality, pricing, etc.
Engaged with airlines and hotel chains to assess the addressable market for hotel / airline reservation systems.
Projecting demand for cell phones based on demographics and economic indications for multiple telecom operators across the Indian sub-continent.
Tracked mobile value added services (MVAS) in more than 30 countries to recommend new VAS in the existing markets.
Developed an entry strategy for the client that would be the first to enter the LAN cables market.
Mapping the current aircraft detection technology and systems used at civilian airports. Assessed the opportunity for primary and secondary radars.
ERP For MSME
Market assessment and lead generation for an ERP developed by a Japanese major for MSMEs in the Indian subcontinent.
- Feasibility study
- Evaluating the Asian market
- Country benchmarking and economic impact assessment
- Opportunity assessment and lead generation
Feasibility study for a European telecom billing platform
- The client wanted a pre-market feasibility on telecom billing platforms to identify market opportunities, establish a favorable product offering and an appropriate growth strategy
- A key challenge was to do a comparative analysis of telecom billing solutions providers globally
APPROACH & METHODOLOGY
- We studied the global billings platforms’ market trends, key purchase decision making criterion for a vendor, desired functionalities and features from a billing system, legacy and usage and the price points
- In addition to an exhaustive secondary research, we conducted detailed interviews with a few dozen telecom companies to understand their views on the above
- AGR then prioritized the target market on the basis of client’s business scale and his growth objectives, in addition to the telecom market size, scale, market potential and prevalence of competition
- The study helped the client prioritize the target geographies and work towards development of relevant market offerings
- The findings also presented some immediate business opportunities available for the company with respect to telecom billing solution requirements
Japanese telecom giant evaluating the Asian market for civilian airport radars
- A Japanese electronics giant was evaluating the civilian aircraft radar market as air travel in Asia was mushrooming
Approach & Methodology
- AGR analysts engaged with the airport authorities to understand the current and future traffic
- Researched the features and technologies that are required by the airport authorities for managing aircraft arrivals and departures that were deficient in the older technologies
- Mapped out the complex decision making and purchase process of various civilian airport organisations to facilitate the clients entry in this market
- The company based on our report was able to bid for radar systems at various airports
Country benchmarking and economic impact assessment for telecom regulatory authority of a GCC nation
- The telecom regulatory authority of a GCC nation wanted to estimate the economic impact of cyber threats and to improve response preparedness strategy
- Detailed secondary research was carried out covering AGR’s internal database, published sources like UNs’ International Telecommunication Union (ITU), World Bank, IMF, Kaspersky, Ponemon, Arbor, Verizon etc.
- Extensive interviews (about 50) with executives of BFSI, Telecom, Energy industries etc. were conducted
- Evidence based data analysis to benchmark countries on cyber security preparedness
- The study helped in benchmarking similar sized countries on cyber security preparedness
- Determined weaknesses that might become a cause of worry for the nation
- High level estimation of economic impact of any serious cyber incident
Opportunity assessment and lead generation for a Japanese IT major planning to launching its ERP in India
- A Japanese IT major was keen on launching its ERP targeted at SMEs in India
- Unregulated and competitive market, highly price sensitive, inadequate technology infrastructure and awareness posed challenges to adoption
- AGR interviewed a large section of MSMEs to understand their operational practices, expectations from technology, payment capability, infrastructure, human resources capability
- Explained the benefits of technology and how they can implement
- Given inadequate infrastructure and resources, cloud based ERP and pricing range that SMEs can afford was suggested
- Legacy integration and support system requirements were identified as key requirements for success
Connect with us.
Get unbiased market perspectives and insights