Media & Entertainment
Travel & Tourism
Retail & Hospitality
Impact and role
Services sector has a far reaching impact and role to play across all industries. Services sector is the single largest contributor to GDP to all the developed economies.
Built niche capabilities
At AGR too, keeping the dynamics of the sector in mind, we have built niche Services sector analysis and market research capabilities to cater to the specific needs of various sub segments of the service sector
Media & Entertainment
- Market Assessment
- Background Check
- Partner Identification
- Competitive Intelligence
- Social Media Research
AGR’s Services sector analysis and market research team has assessed the market potential of above segments across geography by analysing user trends and drawing competitive landscape. AGR’s services sector market intelligence has supported market entry strategy of many corporations globally.
We help our clients understand the true behaviour, integrity and risks in dealing with prospective partner and the entity before a transaction is executed so that necessary mitigation measures can be put in place.
We use wide network, objective framework and multi stage process to identify and select ideal partner for our client be it for Technology, Investment, Supply Chain or Distribution.
We help our clients frame proactive response to market developments by closely tracking the decisions of competitors & their stakeholders and deciphering the strategy behind those moves.
Studied entertainment consumption habits, spends and preferences of Indian diaspora to assess opportunity to support global launch of online digital platform.
Prepared a report on duty free shopping and its prospects for a global retail chain to develop a growth plan.
Opportunity Assessment In Education
Studied the operational practices, functioning and growth needs of educational institutions to help a PE firm prepare suitable financing strategies for the segment.
Business Plan Preparation
Prepared a growth plan to support a leisure flying equipment maker in Europe raise funds from investors.
Studied all aspects of education and labour availability to help a global HR business process outsourcing major set up industrial park in Philippines.
Studied procurement practices and decision making process of companies and of competition to support growth plan development of a facility management major.
- Market Due Diligence for a PE firm
- Finding global market for local content
- Decipher technology threat to travel and tourism business model
- Multi-skill hub for a member of the global consulting consortium
Market Due Diligence for a PE firm evaluating investment in a NBFC focused on providing financial services to affordable private schools (APS)
- A leading India focused PE firm wanted to invest in a NBFC focused on providing financial services to affordable private schools (APS)
- Conduct market due diligence to establish credibility of the NBFC
- A pan India study covering 8 Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities
- Intensive field exercise was conducted by speaking to existing investees and prospects
- Competition mapping was done to benchmark products and services of the target NBFC
- The report was clearly established strengths and weaknesses of the target NBFC and its market credibility
- The PE firm could validate its investment hypothesis and invested in the NBFC
Finding global market for local content
- A global digital broadcast major was planning to launch its Video on Demand (VOD) application globally
- The content and genre had viewership only among sub-continent diaspora
- Over competitive market place
- AGR interviewed diaspora across all select markets to understand their entertainment consumption habits, share of wallet, mode, duration
- Studied the operational practices competing VOD applications, pricing, genre etc.
- Interviewed prospects to check their willingness to consider client VOD, pricing expectations, genre preferences
- AGR analysed entertainment consumption data and habits to identify the optimal positioning for the client’s VOD
- Potential market, pricing and genre expectations were finalised based on market needs ahead of global launch
- Client’s VOD emerged as one of the most successful VOD with largest number of viewers in the world
Decipher technology threat to travel and tourism business model
- A prominent industry body was keen to understand the disruptions facing the travel and tourism sector
- Understanding the role of technology in business disruption posed a major challenge
- Travel habits of people undergoing massive change
- AGR studied the factors behind changing travel habits and expectations of people
- Role of digital intermediaries, emerging technologies, mobility trends were studied to understand its impact on the tourism sector in all aspects
- Role of various stakeholders including government in popularising destinations were also studied in depth
- A report on how technology can change and enable the tourism and travel was presented
- Helped Industry body develop an action plan for its members on how to prepare to meet the challenges
- Provided inputs for policy development
Multi-skill hub for a member of the global consulting consortium in the US
- A member of the global consulting consortium in the US was facing a unique problem.
- Maintain varied skillset of resources across levels but business cycle variation posed financial challenges.
- AGR stepped in to set up offshore multi-skill hub with required resources in Mumbai
- Offered a flexible engagement fee and staffing structure.
- AGR addressed the financial and business challenges of the client. The structure paved way for business scalability and customer focus
- Operational and resource challenges taken care of by the hub
Connect with us.
Get unbiased market perspectives and insights